Physiotherapy is a modern medical professional course which enriches the physiotherapist to assess, diagnose and treat musculo-skeletal pain, paralysis and lifestyle disorder. Physical therapists are movement experts in treating pain and DYSFUNCTION.
Physical therapist helps to prevent treat and rehabilitate the pain and DYSFUNCTION from childhood to the later ages of life. They use exercise, manual therapy and rehabilitation approaches, physical & electrical modalities as treatment methods.
Physiotherapy helps restore movement and function to as near normal as possible when someone is affected by injury, illness or by developmental or other disability.
Physical therapists are qualified and professionally required to:
- Undertake a comprehensive examination/assessment of the patient/client or needs of a client group
- Evaluate the findings from the examination/assessment to make clinical judgments regarding patients/clients
- Formulate a diagnosis, prognosis and treatment plan
- Provide consultation within their expertise and determine when patients/clients need to be referred to another healthcare professional
- Implement a physical therapist intervention/treatment programme
- Determine the outcomes of any interventions/treatments
- Make recommendations for self-management